my challenges

Monday, September 2, 2013

The Liberator

The Liberator, by Alex Kershaw.

In this book we follow in the footsteps of Alex Kershaw as he leads his men from the beaches of Sicily to the very gates of Dachau, through all of the battles and hell that war can bring.  We witness senseless deaths, victories, defeats, and ultimately the birth of a new hope.

This book was quite well written.  I found it easier to read than many a history has been, even a personal history.  At times, however, the narration bogged down in details of military maneuvers and geographical details, and I found myself wishing that more of an overview of some parts of the story had been given.

Over all, I enjoyed this book, but found it a bit of a challenge to finish.  Still, I recommend it, particularly for those interested in the Africa and Italy campaigns of WWII.  3.5 out of 5.

I received a digital review copy of this book from the publisher.  This did not affect this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment