my challenges

Monday, May 27, 2013

The Aviator's Wife, by Melanie Benjamin.

Not knowing much about Charles Lindburgh, beyond the fact that he and his wife had their baby boy kidnapped and killed, and of course that he had been the first to fly over the Atlantic, I was excited to read this book, and it did not disappoint.

Ultimately, I very much disliked Lindy -- he was not a nice man, and he resembled someone I know a little too closely for comfort -- but I adored this story.  The characters were memorable and well-fleshed-out, and it was easy to get into this story and stay stuck in until the end.  I learned a lot about Lindy and about this era in American history from this book, and thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it.  And then when I finished the book I realized it was written by one of my favorite authors, which I had somehow not noticed until that time.  Bonus!  4.5 out of 5.0.

I received an electronic review copy of this book from the publisher.  This did not affect my review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment