my challenges

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Lost Wife

Lost Wife, by Alyson Richman.

This book follows the story of two young Jews in the Czech Republic during the Nazi occupation, their romance, their marriage, their separation and loss of contact, and their lives apart until the meet one another again decades later.
I have to say, this is one of the best books I have ever read.  I wasn't too sure of whether the book would work for me when I started reading it -- it sounded a little unplausible.  As it turned out, I was worried over nothing.  Other than the very occasional, and very short, slow spells, this story carried me along with it, hardly allowing me to put it down, so eager was I to reach the ending and see how things turned out.  The characters in this book were incredibly well drawn and believable, the events completely realistic.  I hated for this one to end.  I wholeheartedly and enthusiastcally recommend this book to all readers.  5 out of 5. 

1 comment:

  1. You went for a WWII theme with your European Reading Challenge books. That's a cool idea. This one sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete